Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What I've learned so far !

Not being very savvy about web 2.0 things, I'm terrified half the time I try to do any of these assignments and since I've had a very heavy end of the year workload, I've had a good excuse to give up when I couldn't do something. Today (end of the year things are mostly finished) I decided to bite the bullet and try to figure stuff out.

I was so envious of all of you who knew how to post something, but the Blogger instructions were great and I think, I hope, I'm doing it.

Also, I've never used Gmail before so this is an adventure in itself. I'm quite used to Yahoomail and it's an old friend, but being forced to use Gmail is good as I try to figure it out as I try to learn about blogging.

1 comment:

Jennifer Koerber said...

Today...I decided to bite the bullet and try to figure stuff out.

Bravo! This is precisely it -- *trying*. To pull on the marathon metaphor for a minute, it's looking at that map for the first time, seeing exactly how far you've got to run and over what kind of terrain, shaking in your sneakers and then doing it anyway. Any time I've tried something with computers that's completely new and out of my comfort zone, I have that same moment. "Okay, this is going to be hard. But here I go..." Congratulations on those first strides, because now it's all about momentum.